Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nsrexecd: Access violation - unknown host

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeDam

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2001
BE
I have this error message....can somebody help me??
11/28/01 08:19:02 nsrexecd: Access violation - unknown host: 10.1.1.15
The server is an NT station running legato 6.1.1
10.1.1.15 is a UNIX station... but it haven't networker installed

\res\servers on the client must list a resolvable server name to allow access to the client.

joe

10.1.1.15 HAVEN'T networker client installed!!! so this server doen't have a connexion with the legato server!

Looks like this Unix station is trying to run a command on you NT server through the Networkers Rexec daemon. If theses access violation messages are on the NT server. Weird.

Look in your nsr.res file for that ip or the client name. It's probably in there.

It's very difficult to diagnose this one because the indicators point to an attempt to back up the client. It does NOT mean that 10.1.1.15 had or has the client installed, only that an attempt was made from the server.

I apologize for not recognizing the correct daemon in my reply to your previous post. My experience with that error message was with nsrd, not nsrexecd.

Check that you have both server name and IP Address in both servers hosts file NT can be found in winnt\system32\drivers\etc it should look like this

111.111.111.111 servername

Is 10.1.1.15 a static IP address? If not, could it be possible that this IP address was previously assigned to a client server that was backed up by NetWorker?
Check your NetWorker server's hosts file ("/etc/hosts"), if it's there, remove it, or assign to the proper client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back