Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nsrexec: authtype nsrexec

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamason

MIS
May 15, 2000
US
I am trying to backup a Win2K client and am getting nsrexec: authtype nsrexec. I have no idea what this message means. Can anyone help. I am using Legato client 7.1.1 on this server.

This could be caused by all kinds of problems. Usually you will also see other messages.

Make sure that a client initiated backup runs. You should not start a server-initiated one before this criteria has been met.

I did not see any other messages. I am able to backup from the client. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It looks like the server tries to start an automated backup but when it is time to receive the first save stream, the "connection fails".

Create an auxilary group and move your client to this group. Then try to get more output from NW by running the group with added verbosity from the command line:

savegrp -vvv -f full -G group_name

Thanks for the response. I tried that and the probe succeeded and then the savefs command was executed. Immediately afterward I am still getting the error message. It looks as if what 605 is saying is true.
't looks like the server tries to start an automated backup but when it is time to receive the first save stream, the "connection fails".'
What could cause the connection to fail? The server is fine otherwise.

There are lots of potential problems. All of them point to the same subject - they are all "network related". Especially make sure that the name resolution is the same and translates to the same IP in both directions.

Hello,
funny , i think i just resolved this problem that bugged one of my Psoft server , with db2 and other web apps on it, same issue, seems like Legato also has a known issue with this.
Try changing the Local Networker remote exec service startup and logon to any other account then the Local system, the document says the problem will go away if the server is restarted and NRES is reported to Local system account.
So far i have found this to be usefull, backups ran fine under admin account when the service was switched, and failed under local system accout, i have not rebooted the server yet, so it may work after that, if it doesnot, i really dont know why it should fail again, i have reinstalled the client software and it did not help.
Host resolutions is fine too.
Try this sol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back