Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nsrd: nsrindexd has exited with status 128

Status
Not open for further replies.

mturnali

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2001
TR
Product : Legato 5.5
Platform : NT 4.0 (SP 5)

When we start nwadmin, Networker Backup and Recover Server service halts. In daemon.log it says "nsrd: nsrindexd has exited with status 128"

Do you have any idea?
Thank you.

Mehmet TURNALI

I have never seen this problem, but it sounds like you are having index issues/corruption. I would suggest.

1) Leave the "NetWorker Backup and Recover Server" service down and stop the "NetWorker Remote Exec" service.
2) Check for any active "nsr" processes and kill if present.
3) From the command line run "nsrck -F".
4) Start the services back up in the proper order.

Additionally
5) Due to index improvements in NetWorker v6, I would suggest upgrading to v6.x.
6) I believe that SP6A could be a requirement for v6.x. I would suggest testing SP6A and upgrading both when comfortable.

Thank you for your response.
After posting this message I realized that starting nwadmin caused no effect, Networker server itself halted.
You're right that it was an index corruption issue.
First of all I deleted "/nsr/index" contents and run "nsrck -c". That command created blank index entries for each client.Because we could afford to lose index data,
this solution is enough for us.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back