Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nsrclone how to force destination of cloning

Status
Not open for further replies.

phbeauverd

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2002
CH
I have 2 storage nodes Windows 2003 and a Linux server. Each storage node has a library (30 slots, LTO4) but one is in a distant computer room. Daily cloning is done in a crossing manner because the clone cartridges stay in the libraries. But weekly cloning may be done on the only storage node which is accessible by the people in charge of putting clones in the safe.

How can I force the cloning destination to this storage node ?

I use nsrclone command on the Linux networker serveur.

Thank you in advance

Use "nsrclone -b dest_pool ..." and make sure that you only have media of that pool label at this location.

I try this and it does not work because each storage node has the other as "cloning node" in the client configuration. Therefore the second storage node ask for a cartridge of the weekly pool and it do not have one.

I found a solution by changing the clone storage node value usinig nsradmin. Before the weekly cloning, define the value that the clone storage node is itself and after the cloning is done, redefine the parameter as the other storage node.

1) before weekly cloning : nsradmin -i filename_a
filename_a contains
. type: nsr client; name: storage_node_a
update clone storage nodes: storage_node_a
quit

2) after weekly cloning : nsradmin -i filename_b
filename_b contains
. type: nsr client; name: storage_node_a
update clone storage nodes: storage_node_b
quit

Status
Not open for further replies.