Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nsrarchive problems - skipping data

Status
Not open for further replies.

keitharmstrong

Technical User
Jul 9, 2002
GB

Morning

just been playing for the first time with nsrarchive on a solaris client and Im having strange problems

scenario

we have to back up 4 directorys
/gg/gg1/file
/gg/gg2/file
/gg/gg3/file
/gg/gg4/file

I use the command

nsrarchive -b "Archive" -C "Archive Clone" -i /gg/gg1/file /gg/gg2/file /gg/gg3/file

I then get the annotation page - I add in a line and contrl D as instructed. The archive starts, however it misses out the first disk /gg/gg1/file every time. The others are archived.

If I archive from the /gg/gg1/file directory and run the about command without the -i it backs up the directory fine. However I dont want to ahve to do this for each directory.

Any ideas ? Ive also tried 4 different directorys and again it misses the first one!

thanks

Keith

-i" should just ignores directive files (.nsr). However, it seems as if it acts just the other way around.

Look whether you have local directive file (.nsr) in these directories. My best suggestion will be to verify their contents but finally delete them.

Thanks

Ive checked and no .nsr files exsist. If I run the command from the directory it works fine

I think that the first pathname is just misinterpreted for whatever reason. Why don't you fake NW and state a non-existing directory as the first one.

I know there should be a better answer but worst case, you found a bug. Then you'll have a workaround as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back