Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NSM 3.0 Agents on NetWare 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shazbat

MIS
Dec 23, 2003
US
I installed system and performance agents on a NetWare server running 5.1 SP5 and selected IP as the protocol to use. I ran a discover on the server and see the Novell Server object in the 2D map but I'm unable to drill down to the Unispace and agents. I can ping and camping both ways to and from my management server. I can snmping from managment server but do not know of utility to test the same from the NetWare Server.

Would appreciate any insight as to where I need to look to fix this. Thanks in anticipation.

Shazbat

Apparently I did not have caagate installed on the DSM server. Once I installed that, I could see all the agents.

ShazBat I am experiencing the same problem but my DSM server has a Novell Netware Client 32 Installed.
May you help me with more details about CAAGATE?

Héberson Sette de Almeida
rstti@yahoo.com.br
C.U.E. Certified Unicenter Engineer
I.C.Q. 2772167

Heberson,

Why do you need the client32? Is your DSM not dedicated? If I were you, I would un-install the client, clean out any Novell or NetWare keys in the registry, and then install caagate from the NSM CD. It will ask you to specify the tree name and administrator name and password.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back