Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NSLOOKUP,DNS and everything else related...problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

isibee

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2003
CA
Hi again,
I need to find an answer...My DNS server cannot be found by the computers, NSLOOKUP cannot be found and autoenrollment cannot be enrolled!

Is there anybody out there that can help?

thanks

thanks,
Josée Parent
(photo gallery)

"There is no 'patch' for stupidity!"

Verify your DNS Settings

Set all static NIC TCP/IP properties to only list internal DNS servers.

In DHCP set the DNS setting to internal DNS servers.

In DNS, configure ISP DNS on the forwarders tab.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Thanks done almost everything you told me to do except the configuration of the ISP dns on the forwarders tab..where is that?

thanks

thanks,
Josée Parent
(photo gallery)

Right click the server name in DNS Snap-In. Choose properties, click the forwarders tab.

Regards,

Mark

Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Check if you have any windows firewalls turned on and disable them temporarily to verify if you get connectivity.

Regards,

Mark

user can connect but unable to get dns records. In their event logs there is an autoenrollment problem...I want to correct this...

thanks,
Josée Parent
(photo gallery)

Is your DNS AD Integrated?

What erros does the client have? What OS is the client? What service pack is the server at? What service pack is the client at?

Regards,

Mark

Everything is up to date...clients have w2k and winxp pro.
The error:
Source: AutoEnrollment
ID : 15
Date : 06-11-07
Heure : 08:04:19
User : N/A
Computer : 192-168-0-200
Description :
Could not contact Active Directory(0x8007054b. The specified domain could not be contacted. (Translated from french)

thanks

thanks,
Josée Parent
(photo gallery)

And the rest of my question?

What service pack is the server at? What service pack is the client at?

Have you tried restarting the DNS Server service?

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back