Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NS700 Paging Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tele-tech

Technical User
Apr 21, 2021
CA
Hey there,

Updated an emergency vet clinic to v9.0 on Monday, and ever since they are now experiencing a 5-10 second delay on paging. We're also now seeing some DSP issues, specifically "The new call was rejected because the DSP was full. A large DSP or a large PBX with a large DSP is recommended". This started popping up the same day as the update. They are definitely a busy hospital, but this was a non-issue prior. For context, they have a DSP-S.

Is it possible the update did something to the DSP?

Edit: They went from v7. to v9

And what does DSP-Resources usage report show?
DSP_Resources_usage_jidyut.jpg

Yeah when I was doing more investigation yesterday, the DSP is fairly busy all the time, which makes sense. The have a DSP-S right now, which was fine when they started out with 30 phones, but now we're up to almost 100 and 98k minutes a month of calls, so yeah they're pretty busy nowadays. We've sourced a DSP-M so now just have to wait for it to make it's way here.

Update - We upgrade to a DSP-M, and while it has helped with other things, our paging is still fairly delayed. We have 125 available resources, and have topped out at 73 since putting the new card in this morning, but we're still having issues.

*3301 is paging User Group 31. I have 64 NT-553's in that group, of which 47 are online. Panasonic Support is suggesting that that is too many phones, and at some point we start to experience delays and that it may be network related. They are also saying that it is not just a multicast message that's thrown out to whatever phone is listening on the network, but that the page group actually checks to see if all phones are online prior to sending the page. Does that not seem like a low number for a system that supports 128 IP extensions without any expansion systems?

I tried breaking up the 47 phones into 5 different user groups, and having Paging group page all of them, which didn't work. Next step would be to go in increments of 10 and see if problem starts at 20 phones, 30 phones, etc.. It's definitely number of phones related, because if I switch it to say a user group with only 5 phones in it, no issue.

Any other thoughts for troubleshooting? How would one go about implementing QoS for paging on the network, if that would even be a thing?

Maybe "Conference Group" feature with automatic answer w/o extension setting - Enable.
It's 32 extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back