Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NS5GT opening port for file sending

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullysnet

Technical User
Sep 23, 2004
US
I am trying to learn about this NS5GT firewall that I bought, I love it but seems like I am doing something wrong.

I want to send files out of port 81 for an app called Trillian using the Yahoo Protocol. I am using port 81 cause I used it with success before and not sure how to forward it out. What I have done is turned on DIP like someone had suggested here but not sure if that is the right thing to do along with opening the port.

I greated a service called Yahoo port 81-81 81-81 TCP. Next I created a policy from trust to untrust using any source IP and any destination IP. Chose NAT (DIP) and left the other settings default.

I hope this makes sense and maybe you can scratch what I did and just start me from the beginning if I got it wrong.

thanks so much to anyone that can help.

is this too confusing my post or no one here anymore ??????? I really need a tutoring on port forwarding. I know how to do it in my Netgear but for this I don't get it. Really it seems my issue is sending out files against someone else that has a firewall. So firewall to firewall. I imagine sending out I still need to open the port.

thanks

forget it I just figured it out :) man and part from some of the posts here and some just trial and error. Now I need to post for a new question

thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back