Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ns500 + gmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctamir

Programmer
Feb 11, 2018
IL
hi all
i try to configure smtp on ns500 for outgoing email, i make mail check but not working (on log i see sending but nothing happend)
i made two stage password for the ns500, configure the mail and the "password aplication", configure smtp.gmail.com, configure dns on pbx, try also to change port 25 to 465 port.

and not work
some one know?

thanks

Is your NS500 up to the latest release? Gmail(among others) started requiring TLS 1.2 not that long ago, as well as 2FA. I've only worked on a couple of NS500's, so I'm not sure which release added TLS 1.2, but it wasn't until I think release 8 with the NS700 that it was added.

Also, the PBX's have this weird, unwritten password complexity rule - It has to have a lower case and an upper case, and can't be longer that 16 characters if I'm remembering correctly.

my ns500 is version 9 (the new release)

Are you using 2 factor authorization in Gmail and an app password for the sending address in the NS500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back