Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NS25 traffic report

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAtti

Technical User
Sep 16, 2004
HU
How can I get traffic data from NS25?
On GUI there are some graphs - but by policies. I need numbers. On the GUI there ara save options but it has a bug (sometimes save only zeros I guess not converts correctly).
From telnet the "get counter ... hour" command seems better, but again, it works by policies, and I have 26! The data format is very compact and very difficult to work with it (copy to a file, convert to a usable format...)
Is it any way to get ALL counters?

Thanks

Attila

I really want to see the traffic last x hours, days etc. (To see the realtime traffic stastistics sometimes would be useful.)
Now I get all counters traffic data from the terminal window, then copy it to a textfile and import it into a worksheet. I do it policy by policy. And there are some policies which has no any counter on it (DNS traffic...) so the sum of the traffics is not equal the real traffic. I find an easier route.

Thanks

Attila

There is a better way of getting the Netscreen logs instead of copying them from the Netscreen management interface. See the second Q/A from here: Once you get the logs you can analyze them with your own custom tools or use a readily available log analyzer like FireGen for Netscreen (
Regards,
Adrian Grigorof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back