Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NS25 DMZ and Untrust within same subnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2003
HK
Dear all,

I have one NS25 at data center, I want to put the public Web server at DMZ and another private Web server at Trust

My question is, my Untrust and DMZ is in the same subnet, how can i specify which range of IPs is in DMZ

Seems I need transparent mode for it, but from the manual, transparent mode is for whole device, which include Trust Zone, I am hust confusing with these.

Any Ideas ?

Thx
Sunny Cheung

I would put the Trust and DMZ interfaces in NAT mode. I would then setup the Trust and DMZ interfaces with different private address schemes.

For example:
Trust - 192.168.1.X/24
DMZ - 192.168.2.X/24

Then you will need to add a MIP(Mapped IP) to the webserver in the DMZ and another MIP for the webserver in the Trust. You do that from the Untrust interface.

For example:
Mapped IP - 66.55.44.33 (enter your IP)
Subnet - 255.255.255.255
Host IP - 192.168.1.5 (DMZ Webserver)

Mapped IP - 66.55.44.34 (enter your IP)
Subnet - 255.255.255.255
Host IP - 192.168.2.5 (Trust Webserver)

If you want to use only Public IP's then put all interfaces in Route mode. You will need to specify a specific the DMZ and Trust interfaces IP addresses by the subnet. Here is a site that will help you with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back