Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ns 700 stop lines from ringing on various phones. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrael2000

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
CA
Hi All.

Have a little trouble here. Probably more my not working on Panasonics than anything else.

I have a user with lines showing up on their sets, 6 of them; however they only want certain phones to ring.

I went into the Incoming Call Distribution Group, created a group 602 set it to not ring.
Then I added the extensions I did not wish to ring to that group. However, here is where things get funny.

The user does not want their receptionist's set to ring (ext 221)... but it does ring, even though I have put it into the non ringing group.

The phones that are in the ringing group DON'T. I am sure I am missing something very simple but can't seem to find it.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Regards

To those who come after.

I think I figured out how to do it.

1) Use one InComing Call Distribution Group:
Add the members you want in the group; for 601, I made it the ringing one. On the top you will see a button "Extenstion number setting. Click it, click the Wired Users (in my case) and then Add the users you want. Then in Delayed Ring set to Immediate.​
2) Use another incoming Call Distribution Group
In my case I used 602, added the members I wanted in that group, as above, and went to the Delayed Ring drop down and put in "No Ring"​
3) DIL setting
In the menu item 10 (CO and incoming call), I went to DIL Table and Port Settings, and under Day, Lunch, Break, Night I sent the calls to the Ringing ICD group above (in this case 601).​

Seems to work fine for me, but if anyone sees an error, correction is always appreciated.

Regards

From your description, it's easier to

1. In CO Settings, DIL the line(s) to a an ICD Group (example, 601). Now, calls to that line(s) will ring at that group.
2. In ICD Settings, under Member List, add the extensions who you want to ring to ICD 601, set them all to "Immediate"
3. Relax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back