Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NRU - Remote Backup, Keycode Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelopt61

Technical User
Mar 18, 2008
US
Hello Everyone,
I am hoping someone herre has the answer I need, it will def. be worth a star... Our PBX does not have a answer nor does anyone else. We have a Nortel Norstar CICS 7.1 that was just installed a couple of months ago to replace a failed CICS 4.0. The problem is that we can connect to the system through the IRAD but cannot do a remote backup through the NRU 11 software utility. We receive an error message indicating that we do not have the proper keycode. We received the same message when attempting this on the the CICS 4.0 system. Any idea's, everyone I talk to claim they no nothing about a special keycode to enable this. Am I missing something in the programming to allow this? Is this a glitch in the NRU 11 software? Any and all suggestions would great be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
NortelOpt61

There is a keycode to activate the IRAD if it is not already enabled. You can see the system remotely with the IRAD to get the sys. ID, and enable the IRAD remotely.

MarvO said it

You should be able to find out whether the sw is IRAD enabled, or not by the SP code under Maint/sw rev. My SP code list only goes up to 7.0, but I'll see if I can find a newer one, and post a link.

The only reason I'm raising the question, rather than assuming you've got IRAD off, is I've gotten improperly loaded cards from some of my suppliers.

Hey nice list!!!!!

Try running the Remote Set Tool instead of Backup, then login to config....if also states key code needed then you need to upgrade software or get a key code.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back