Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nru 11 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

badtech

Technical User
Dec 11, 2005
US
Just installed a virtual machine using VMware on windows 7. When I access nru 11 and use the norstar ics programming tool the phone comes up ,then the arrows blink but it never comes up with the time and date. I tried pressing the feature button to log in but nothing comes up in the display. This use to work on my old box before they virtualized it on my new box because XP is no longer aloud to be used here. Tried to install Nortel Util 11 on windows 7 and no go. Any ideas ???

on the win 7 machine did you try and use nru with the compatibility mode for xp version. I know on win 8 this is not and available feature.

It will not let me install it on the windows 7 machine at all.

I have it installed on Windows 7 and I just changed the Compatibility to XP

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

try to download nru 11 to your desktop then change it to xp mode then run the exe setup.

32 or 64 bit?

As for blank screen try changing the set to 7324 and back again.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

don't matter 64 or 32 bit I use it on both 7 and 8 I have never had to change Compatibility

I don't understand if you have NRU 11, just use the browser tool

Curly cord this is a 64 bit windows 7. Changing the phone type from 7310 to 7324 and back to 7310 worked. Take a star sir

Netwt the browser tool works as well , thanks .

Here is the error I get when I try to install it in Win 7 64 bit "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows your running. Check your computers systems information to see whether your need an x86 or x64 version of the programs, and then contact the software publisher.

Star did not work but thanks!

From what I recall it works only with 32 BIT with others but not 64, I see no evidence of 64 BIT use and you will get that message when you try to install it on 64 BIT.
I am now curious as to NETWT's version of Win7 64BIT or how he got it to work.

Here is XP Mode for Windows 7:

Also see my FAQ on this:

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

curlycord downloaded xp mode for win7. Still can't install nru11

thank you curlycord got it working using virtual pc with xp mode

YO Curly just to let you know my laptop was set to 32 bit with windows 7

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Status
Not open for further replies.