Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NRS SIP - Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

goddajoe

Technical User
Apr 26, 2012
CA
Hi,

We have a SIP fax server on NRS which is functional for incoming and outgoing faxes. One concern I have is that the caller ID for outbound calls remains an internal extension. I.e. if I send a fax from 30100 on the fax server it will arrive at the external party (e.g. my cell phone) with caller ID 30100. 30100 is fine internally but I'm not sure how to get it to pick up our main number for CLID as it leaves the system. I'm aware of how to set the CLID on a normal phone set but these extensions reside on another system and have no phone set associated.

Thanks

Depends on how you are routing the SIP packets. If you are using Session Manager you would typically manipulate the outbound header via an adaptation. If the calls are directed straight through an SBC you would manipulate the header information at that point.

so guessing that its

FAX server -- NRS -- CS1000 -- PSTN

If that's the case you can't the CS1000 will just pass the CLI through as it tandems the call. You would need to send the external CLI from the server (Which would be seen by the internal phones).

That's the correct config bignose. Too bad it won't work but thanks for confirming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back