Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nPO Manager can´t find resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTovar

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2001
MX
Hi all.

I have a nPO manager appliance and I'm trying to find some DSSs without success.
I login the nPO web page, then go to the RESOURCES tab and choose Discover new resources but any resource appears on my screen.
I set up a Sniffer filter, I see HTTPS and WINS information exchanged ok, but when nPO tries to establish a HTTP conection, DSS answers that can't find the page and conection is closed. Is it a DSS-related problem ? or is there another step on the nPO missing ?

The DSSs are Gigabit PII, I tried to set up the WEB Console ( using PWS remote installation with DSS 4.2 SP3 ) but the console is still unreachable )

The nPO manager is version 2.0 ( just unpacked !! )

Only PIII appliances are allowed to communicate with nPO Manager ?

Any comment will help.

Hi,
nPO depends on the software version. DSS4.2 and 4.3 are supported.
Check the WEBConsole. It must be running.
In the agent configuration, the WEB option on port 8088 must be enable also (it has nothing to do with the WEBConsole).

Regards,

Marcus Knopp

Hi all:

I could establish connection to the different DSS ( including versions 4.1 phase 1, 4.2 and 4.3 !! ) and all worked fine ! the problem was the java version ( it must be 1.3.1_02 ) and it hadn't been installed.

Thanks all.

This is very interesting indeed. NAI told one of my customers that he could run nPO only if he upgraded all of his PII boxes to max out the memory so they could run v4.3 - they insisted that he couldn't use nPO with v4.1 yet Alex is now seeing his 4.1 box with nPO.

I hope the change back to NGC brings a bit more consistency and structure back to the game - they're a bit willy-nilly these days with their messsage about software versions etc.

Owen O'Neill
Datacom Systems Inc.
Northeastern SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back