Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Now you see it, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

levinll

Programmer
Oct 29, 2001
US
started a new VB 76.0 project and was able to check in/out files by right clicking on a module. A week later, source safe no longer appears to be integrated with my project. In order to a check a file out, I have to manually launch sourcesafe.

What could have caused this to happen, and is there a way to re-integrate sourcesafe with my project ?

You mssccprj.scc and/or vssver.scc file in your project directory could be corrupted or missing. If VB doesn't see that the project is connected to source safe anymore, click on Tools-->Source Safe-->Add Project to Source Safe.

Give it the same directory and same project name as you did the first time. It should recreate the needed sourcesafe files and not mess with the files that are already in there. When you do this, it will give you a warning message that the project already exists. Tell it that you want it to connect to it anyway. This should re-establish your links. Snaggs
tribesaddict@swbell.net
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back