Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Now using OpenOffice How...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majikwiz

Technical User
Nov 15, 2006
US
I want to play a Powerpoint Presentaion created with MSOffice (2K) but now that i have Open Office installed the file/link comes up as a template instead of a show. (a .ppt instead of a .pps and playing) Even when saved as a OpenOffice Show it opens as a template./ Help....

Do you still have MS Office installed? Can you right-click and select 'open- with' pick powerpoint?

(sorry if this is a too simplistic solution!)

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

How about downloading and installing the free PowerPoint Viewer?

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Yes, it can be done, however it still opens as a template rather than a show. How frustrating. I guess i'll head to some open office forum. gosh i hate wasting so much time in this world. Imagine a child dies of starvation every 3.5 seconds (average) and i have the only true and practical key to the solution to that challenge and i have to spend my life playing these technical games just to try and present my gift to this world (investors).

Thanx for your response i hadn't thought of that yet.

majikwiz

Thanx, yes Mr.DeGeorge i have the PPoint Viewer installed but Open-Office is stealing the control of the .pps file no matter what i do. Hmmm....

thanx again,

majikwiz

Microsoft probably made it so that ONLY PowerPoint could play a PPS file to fight off the increased useage of Open Office. It could be something proprietary?

I hope you get this resolved! Good luck.

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back