Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Now available on support.avaya.com : Avaya IP Office Server Edition 11.1 Feature Pack 2 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

tac84

Programmer
Mar 15, 2019
AU
SUMMARY:
Avaya IP Office Server Edition 11.1 Feature Pack 2

General Availability

'THIS PAGE IS WORK IN PROGRESS DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY ARTIFACTS' <---- Yep, this is actually on the page! [pc]

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Anyone knows what new features? Since it is a FP, not a SP. No Tech bulletin available, mysteriuos.

This is what I was able to find in the Manager help file:

New in Release 11.1.FP2
The following new features are supported in IP Office R11.1 FP2. These are in addition to those new features in the original release and subsequent service packs.

Avaya Workplace Client Other phone mode
Avaya Workplace Client can now be used in Other phone mode when you are working from your home office or other remote location.

You can make and handle audio calls through Avaya Workplace Client, while using a separate telephone line at your remote location to speak and listen.

Opus Codec Support for Telephony
The Opus audio codec is already being used for storage of voicemail messages and recordings due to its file size advantages without lose of quality. On servers, other than IP500 V2 systems, the codec is now selectable for IP telephony. Opus is supported by J100 Series phones and Workplace clients.

Added the following configuration settings:

System > System > OPUS Default Payload

System > System > OPUS RFC2833 Default Payload

System Conferences
System meet-me conferences can be configured in IP Office Manager and IP Office Web Manager. These conferences can be configured with features such a multiple moderators, separate participant and moderator PINs and a range of other custom behaviors for each conference.

IP Office User Portal
The self-administration application has been replaced by the new IP Office User Portal application. This is a new browser based application through which users can access phone settings, contacts, messages and recordings, etc.

Voice Mail Pro Enhancements
From IP Office R11.1 FP2, the system supports auto-attendants provided by Voicemail Pro but configured within IP Office Web Manager (these auto-attendants cannot be configured through IP Office Manager).

Auto Attendant (EVM)
These settings cover auto-attendants provided by embedded voicemail on IP500 V2 systems. For auto-attendants provided by Voicemail Pro, see Voicemail Pro Auto-Attendant Settings.

The following configuration settings are updated:

Call Management > Auto Attendants

Centralized Media Manager
Centralized Media Manager is an optional service supported for subscription mode systems. When supported by a system, the Voice Recording Library option becomes available as a destination that can be selected for manual and automatic call recording.

Centralized Media Manager Audit Trail
This menu is available on subscription mode system's configured to use Centralized Media Manager as their archiving solution for call recordings.

The configuration setting is:

Applications > Centralized Media Manager Audit Trail

Directory Services LDAPv3/LDAPS Support
The LDAP operation for obtaining external directory information has previously used LDAP v2. On Linux-based IP Office systems it now supports LDAP v3/LDAPS. For IP500 V2 systems, LDAP v3/ LDAPS is supported when the system is supported by an IP OfficeApplication Server or UCM module.

MSTeams support for IP Office (Collaboration Service)
The IP Office system can use MS Teams user synchronization to create new user (and extension) records, update existing user records and delete user records. This is done by mapping MS Teams fields onto IP Office user configuration fields. In addition to this field mapping, for new user creation, a ‘user provisioning rule’ (UPR) is used to define the extension type and extension template.

SIP Trunk Enhancements
A number of additional options can now be configured for use with IP Office SIP trunks:
MediaSec RFC 3329

STIR/SHAKEN support is implemented through a set of Calling Number Verification settings and new short code characters

IP 500 V2 White List Support
The IP address white listing feature already supported by Linux-based IP Office systems is now also available on IP500 V2 based systems. This can be useful when multiple clients access the system through a single address such a Session Border Controller.

DECT D200 Support
The Avaya DECT D200 Series is now support with IP Office systems. You can now select D200 in SIP DECT Line.

Simultaneous Client Direct Media Control
The user of direct media for simultaneous clients can now be disabled it required. For some customer's this is useful in scenarios where they are using remote simultaneous clients.

Call Reporting
The user can access the call reporting menus through Web Self-Administration.

MS Teams Support
The IP Office can be configured as the telephony service for calls made to and from Microsoft Teams.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

So many massive changes and new features.

I'm afraid. Hold me.

New England Communications

Ok, the big warning is gone now. No tech bulletin/release notes though.

Hold my beer, I'm gonna apply it and see what happens

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

@BFG9K - LOL, Installed it last night - seems OK so far but I'm a very small fish with just 5 SIP channels and J series phones.

@JayNEC - Yep that was me. I was on live chat with Avaya last night for over an hour asking them why they had that stupid message on a page. If it wasn't ready to be published why was it live? Then I quizzed them on why they've just called it "Avaya IP Office Server Edition 11.1 Feature Pack 2" instead of "Avaya IP Office 11.1 Feature Pack 2 General Availability" as it gave the impression the update was just for Server Edition users even though you could clearly download it for all editions. No word of a lie an actual Engineer in the IPO team couldn't answer the question and told me to open a ticket....

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Just finished upgrading our Lab system, it seems quite good so far, the new inbuilt Conference feature is fantastic and it hasn't crashed yet so that's nice.

If anything goes horribly wrong I'll report here.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Melbourne, Australia

@BFG9K - The inbuilt Conference feature is interesting. I can set an ICR to dial into one from the outside world fine, but can't work out how to program the short code to dial it internally...

How did you end up setting up the short code?

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

There is no "Path" textbox in Media Manager -> NAS connector, which cannot be saved & created
Is it normal in 11.1 FP2? [bugeyed]
NAS_hfdgll.png

The build on the support website looks incomplete, as a new FP should include the SoftConsole software and, last but not least, a dammned Tech Bulletin telling what's new and how it works

I just now installed a patch to stop 11.1.1 from crashing and rebooting when Zang(Cloud) authentication is enabled. It's the third critical patch we're trying.
I'll wait a bit before trying this one at a site with 400 phones.

@tac84, I used a button on a phone with the 'Conference Meet Me' feature and the Conference ID as the action data. You can do the same with the 'Conference Meet Me' shortcode, e.g

Shortcode: *4XXX
Feature: Conference Meet Me
Number: N

If you dial *4123 you will enter the conference ID 123

Cheers,
BFG9K
Melbourne, Australia

@BFG9K - Yeah I'm only running Essential edition so the conference meet-me feature doesn't work because I don't have preferred. Strangely I can use the new feature dialling in from externally but just can't call it internally.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Oh dear...

Please use the Voicemail Pro Client version 11.1.2.0 Build 396 only available on this support site and not the Voicemail Pro Client application available for download from Web Control Page of Server Edition, UCM, and Application Server.

That's means they probably rebuild both the OVA and the ISO files

MS Teams Support
The IP Office can be configured as the telephony service for calls made to and from Microsoft Teams.

^Has anyone tested that out yet? Just curious what's involved with the Teams integration part of it. I'm not sure if you need Teams Phone System license or anything else like that.

@Okkie26, Thanks for the heads up, what fun bugs have they done to that version?

Cheers,
BFG9K
Melbourne, Australia

I might be off a bit if I don't understand this
but
Features said:
Avaya Workplace Client Other phone mode
Avaya Workplace Client can now be used in Other phone mode when you are working from your home office or other remote location.

Is that the old Telecommuter mode?

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back