Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novice: Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gleegeld

Programmer
Sep 5, 2002
US
I need to create a database in Access that generates quotes for potential clients. This quote should ultimately end up as an invoice for the clients as well.

Each quote generally has 20 –25 items with a detailed description and an image attached to the left of the description. To the right would be the amount for each unit in Euros and in Dollars.

I can basically do everything but I don’t understand how to generate the entry for the 20-25 item and have them print out as an order quote.

Is there some way to have the sales rep. enter the 20-25 items separately in a form (one after the other) and then print out all the items (filter or selected by the quote number) in a report? Would I filter by the unique quote number attached to each order?

Also, how would I have the unique quote number be automatically generated with incremental increase. Ex 2002-7892, 2002-7893 etc?

Thanks,
Candice

Yuor solution would be a main form (and a table for this data) and a sub form (and a tbl for its data) link on the main's ID to the sub.

Same tbls would be used for the reports.
Herman

Take a look at the sample northwind database. Their order forms and related queries should help you with this situation. I had to do something similar and it helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back