Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

novell netware 6 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

eskay99

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
GB
i have downloaded nw6 made bootable cd installation disc (complete) partitioned (2 gb & 4 gb )formatted as well
istallation starts (file copy status ) proceeds to match hardware, looking for disc devices....then a error messge appears as follows.
NO DEVICE WAS FOUND WITH AT LEAST 2000 MB OF AVALIBLE SPACE THE SYS VOLUME CANNOT BE CREATED.........ETC ETC
i have tried the custom installation to install other ide drivers but still the same problem stops the installtion from continuing HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The trick is not to make the partions. All you need to do is have un-partioned disks and boot up off of your NW6 CD.
The installation process will then make up your partions for you.

Alternatively make your own system partion of about 300mb and leave the rest as unpartioned space. YOu can then install DOS onto the system partion. But i prefer the method above.

Novell creates it's own 'Netware Partions' which cannot be made by FDISK. Let the install do it's thing and you will be a happy server admin.

Octavius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back