Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell Login screen; username

Status
Not open for further replies.

animosis

MIS
Nov 17, 2003
US
We have our employees lock up their computers when leave them for any amount of time. When they return, some of them have their usernames already in the "Username" field and some don't.

Is there a registry setting that would allow the usernames to always be in the "Username" field when the employees return or is essentially a crapshoot?

Thanks!

Scott

If you are running the NetWare client you may be able to check the following:

Select big red N, right click and select Novell client properties. Select location profile tab. Select Default and then click on properties. Select properties on the default login and make sure enable profile after successful login is selected.

CERT4MORE - Windows 2000.

MTOOMBS - I'm going to try this now. If it's successful, I'll post back here and let you know.

Thank you all for contributing to my question. I was able to find the answer accidentally, while looking for something else. I will post the procedure here in case anybody else might need it.

Right click on the big red N, choose Novell Client Properties. Select the "Advanced Login" tab, and make sure that "NMAS Authentication" is de-selected.

Thanks for your help everbody!

-Scott

Alternately for W2K and XP:
– Run gpedit.msc. Navigate to Computer Configuration\ Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options.
Double click “Do not display last username in logon screen”, select “Enabled”.

Make sure you have the latest client tooooo

I think they are up to 4.90 SP1a...
They've fixed a lot of things associated with "coming back from locked" and "coming back from hibernation" involving xp , 2k.. everything .. lots and lots of updates ..

..so I'd check that first if you havent already ;]

May the force be with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back