Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell Login problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

coopns

Instructor
Jul 22, 2002
US

My wife's office just closed and they gave her the old computer. Was on a Novell network. We take it home and we boot it up but it is looking to authenticate with the Novell server. I don't know anything about Novell, she can't even log on locally.

How can I bypass that and remove it for home use.

Any advice would be appreciated.

If this is the users workstation you are referring to, then all you would need to do is remove the Novell Client software. Win 95/98 use the uninstall... Win NT/2000/XP uninstall the client from the networking profile.

If this is a SERVER that you got from your wife's old employer, then your best bet would be to (1) learn Novell, (2) Re-Install a new Operating System, (3) paperweight??

[bigglasses]

What operating system is the PC? If you cant login and the banner to log into Novell keeps coming up I would then assume it is Windows 2000 (Windows9x would bypass the login if it could not find a server).

If possible tick the button that says log in locally and if you know the local admin userid and password you can login and remove the client as the other person mentioned.

If you dont know the password - rebuild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back