Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell login loop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisc

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2001
US
One of our users has an intermittent issue while trying to login. After entering his username and pass and hitting enter, the login screen goes away for a fraction of a second--and comes right back! No errors or anything. I've unchecked the "run scripts" checkbox and also tried the "workstation only" login, to no avail.

The only way I've been able to get him in is by logging in with the admin account, then logging out. This somehow breaks whatever loop the client is stuck in, and he can then login with his creds.

We use version 4.83 SP1. Thanks.

Update the client with a later version - you are quite behind where you should be. Now this might sound stupid, but client updates fix numerous niggling problems that you could never imagine.

Your system will do that even if you don't login, if you have resources that are persistent that your system is trying to connect to. A good example is your printers.. or if you've setup manual network shares.

Why it keeps popping up, i don't know. Probably a client bug.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Upgrading the client seems to have resolved the problem, thanks.

Yep - that often fixes the problem. Also, if you have other weird problems, look at the BETA updates for the client that come out to fix problems as they are found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back