Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

novell image server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jan 8, 2009
NL
Hello, my school is using ZenWorks Imaging to image all the computers in my classroom. The Problem is, when we want to connect to the server to make an image it says": ERROR: cannot connect to proxy

can some one help me ?

is the NIC driver loading for the PC's your trying to image?

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt SPOOOOON!!!!! [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple

iam not so far
i must first create a image from the cliënt to the novell server but the cliënt will not connect to the novell server

so can some one help me couse i dont understand novell so well and i must create this imaging server .

but what must i do first
can some one explain to me step by step?

Sorry but with the very small amount of information provided it makes it hard to help you with your problem.

ok sorry
look i have one novell server and 1 client (windows xp)

i must create a image of this client and set te image to the server. so i must create a network image but when i will create this image it says error: cannot connect to server.

so my questing is how to set the settings on consoleone and
what must i do more?

Novell Server Version?
Zenworks Version?
Windows Xp Service Pack Level?
Novell Client Version?

Differnt versions=differnt settings.

Novell Server Version? = 6.5 service pack 5
Zenworks Version? = 4.01 Interim Release 7
Windows Xp Service Pack Level? = Service pack 2
Novell Client Version? = 4.91 Service pack 5

There isn't much in C1 you need to set to get imaging to work, here is the online docs on the product version you have

I am just going to assume your NIC driver is not loading.

I am am speaking about the Linux driver, don't care about the Windows driver right now. Zen imaging uses a linux kernel, and holds onto a set of linux drivers. Unless your workstation is a 5 year old PC, chances are, the driver for the NIC (and frankly anything else) just isn't there. You CAN how ever download the current driver set for the most current version of Zenworks.

You can use the boot disk to get things going. You will need to manually input your Imaging servers IP address (btw, proxy server = imaging server).

Note: Your ZfD is so old, your chances of support for it are VERY low. On top of that, the 4 rev was VERY buggy.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt SPOOOOON!!!!! [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back