Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NOVELL CLIENT CONECTION OVER VPN???

Status
Not open for further replies.

apphog

MIS
Nov 1, 2001
US
Hello,

Here is the network setup for our company.

---Main Office---

Novell Server 5.1 with IPX and IP protocols.
Sonic Wall Pro 100
Have static IP Address (T1 Connection)

---Branch Office---
Sonic Wall SOHO 3
Dynamic IP Address from Verizon DSL

We need to connect our novell server from Branch Office but Could not connect it. we have VPN Connection between these two office using Sonicwall-to-Sonicwall VPN conncetions. we are able to ping branch office's private ip and also able to see their resources. Also branch office able to see our other resources (workstation, windows server, etc..), but not the novell server, I couldn't ping novell server's IP address from branch office.

I called sonicwall support but they couldn't help, so could someone please help me out with this....

thank you,

sean

What is your static routes configured for. You will need to setup a route for the server to talk to the branch office subnet.
Inetcfg
protocols
tcpip
lan static routing

Lee Smith
Associated Network Services
Snr Systems Engineer
Lee.Smith@ANSPLC.Com

With NW 5.0, we had to load PIM.NLM. Check Novell's TID10014144. Don't know if it applies to NW 5.1.

Thank you for all your reply.

I am also trying to install slpda to one of our novell server, but couldn't start it. I installed by using netware administrator-create option, it created slp directory agent but when I opened it's status is down and slp scope units has noting in it, I could not see my host server in slp scope units tap. I even try to load from console by using slpda but it said, could not load it b/c DA has not been configured for any scopes or containers. I also see error "HTTPSTK: Listening Tread on xx.xxx.xx.xxx:80 Exiting after Error"

what did I do wrong, and how can I fix it???

thank you,,,

You got it right so far, but you have to reboot the server for slp to work.
Also, if you have other servers you have to have them look for the da on the first one. And they have to reboot after the primary is back up.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back