Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell Client 4.9 fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlgaooa

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2002
US
I have two Windows 2000 machines, one has Novell Client 4.83 sp 1 on it and can see the Netware servers and log onto the network. The other machine is a brand new Windows 2000 machine that has Novell Client 4.9. It cannot see the netware servers. The machines have static ip's, both addresses and log on accounts are viable, and both work on the 4.83 machine. I have tried everything I can think of, straight ip, add ipx-spx, turn on single log on, turn off single log on, uninstall NMAS, and leave it alone. I have tried it with just Novell Client and with the Windows log on as well. The NIC cards are the same and are set to auto. Help!

can you ping the server when you log directly into Windows?
can the server ping you?

Yes I can ping the server and the workstation.

Right-Click the N in the system tyray. Choose "Novell Client Properties".

Click the "Advanced Login" tab. Uncheck "NMAS AUTHENTICATION", click "OK".

What is set by default is that NMAS Authentication is enabled in the client version. There is no need to restart the compuer or UNINSTALL/REINSTALL the client. I've found the 4.9 client works very well.

Do you have DA's and a Scope configured? How is SLP configured?
The other thing to try is in client Properties, Client tab, use the IP address of the server in the Preferred Server field instead of the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back