Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell Banner Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulovey

Technical User
Jul 13, 2000
GB
OK, I have this site its got quite a mix of machines and Network OS.

They have both Novell v3.2, v3.12, v4.2. NT4 running Exchange v5.5 and two Win 2k boxes running citrix metaframe 1.8.

The problem is that some users when printing, (all printing is still controlled through the Novell print queues) are getting a novell banner page.

On the Win 2k boxes I have gone in to control panel and GSNW and turned off theprint banner page. Also all print queues in the Novell login script have the /NB switch.

So I really cant see where this is comming from, I've even looked at all the print drivers in the users citrix session and there is no banner option there. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Paul

I use to be running all my printers from a 4.11 NetWare server. You might try logging in as a user who you know is still getting a banner page, go to Control Panel\GSNW and look to see if Print Banner page is still checked. I always had to uncheck it for each user account I created, but I always tested each user account after creating it so it never bothered me too much. I hear where you are coming from though it is annoying. I think the setting gets stored on a per server basis. Sorry that I can't tell you where to set it to apply to all users. It wasn't a big enough deal that I contributed any time to it. I may figure it out soon though as I'm having a similar problem now with users not having the correct environmental variable set for the Temp directory. I have a feeling that may have a similar fix. I'll let you know if I learn anything new. (JJ)Jawa Jones

Yeah,

I did try looking in GSNW when in the user session, but print banner was unticked..

I had a thought it may have been in the printer driver, that was installed on the desktop, as citrix was picking the settings up from the print driver, but no.

I have really run out of places to look,and to make matters worse this problem seems to move from user to user.

Any ideas will be greatfully appreciated.

Paul

OK, Its fixed!!

Our users "Bless them" if they had a problem connecting to the citrix server. Had been going in to Citrix Progam Neighbourhood, and creating a customer ICA connection that connets to a server IE ELDTS1 rather than a published application!!!

Paul,
I don't quite understand why that would make a differance, but hey, IT WORKS NOW.

Just as a side-note, you can prevent users from making a server connection instead of a published application connection by disabling server connections. You can then publish the desktop and allow only admins to connct to it. Dave Namou, MCSE CCEA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back