Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell 4.11 Management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonr

Instructor
Sep 24, 1999
US
I need a utility that allows me to gather processor utilization on about 88 netware servers in my organization and then save that information so that I can run statisical analysis on that information. There are utilities that allow me to do this for storage(volume space) and I need to expand that to Processor Utilization. The Ideal utility would run on my workstation on a periodic basis and remotely gather the information and store it in a file. If anybody has any idea of how to accomplish this, or knows of an utility, please advise.<br>
Thank you for any effort,<br>
Jason Reynolds - Manager of Network Operations

Check out products from intrak - <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> - they have several server tracking products for Netware - TrendTrak would almost certainly do what you are asking. They advertise in Netware Connection - in the January issue, their ad is on page 43. Good luck! free eval downloads are available on their web site.<br>
<p>Fred Wagner<br><a href=mailto:frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us>frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Fred has a good idea. You could also use Onsite Admin Pro from Novell. I have found this to be very useful when documenting servers and getting a baseline. The latest beta of this tool is available for download from Novell (support.novell.com - choose minimum patch list). There is also a full version available for purchase.

I need configurate my server to send and receive mails because I have a dedicate Line with a provider, what can I do?

To keep it all Novell, you would install GroupWise. Whether you want it on your primary server depends on how many users you already have, how much RAM and disk space resources, and if you have room for another NIC. You'll need a NIC bound to IP to connect to your ISP's mail relay server. If you have the NUI Benefits CD collection, you probably have the CD's for GroupWise already. I would recommend adding an additional server to be the SMTP Gateway, with the GW Post office directories on your main server. It's been a couple of years since I brought up a groupwise system, so you might want to check into the GroupWise forum here for more current advice.

Fred Wagner
frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back