Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell 3.12& XP -- What version of Netware Client? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2003
US
We are upgrading all of our work stations from 98 to XP PRO, but still use NOVELL 3.12 (and can not upgrade right now). I need to know what version of Netware Client would be applicable. All propiretary apps use the native Btreive that came with 3.12 for database file structures. All Printers are connected through DPI print servers.

Thanks in advance for any help

You can use Client 4.91, just make sure you do a custom install and select IPX. Also choose Bindery instead of NDS for the connection type.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Be aware of version 4.90 though. We had problems in getting it to work with NetWare 3.12.
Upgrading to 4.91 resolved the problems.

We're doing the same thing. I've downloaded V4.91sp2. Now what? How do I run a "custom" install? Once the install starts, will it prompt me to choose IPX and Bindery over NDS? The 49sp2.txt file says says a prerequisite is NDPS and Netware 4.11. ???? Won't this work on 3.2?

Mick

Thank you! This helps tons! Thanks again.

Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back