Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NoUser for an analog cordless - losing my mind 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

highmeh

MIS
Nov 20, 2003
US
We have an analog cordless phone used by the receptionist while away from her desk. It's part of the receptionist hunt group. A week or two ago it stopped ringing, but was just brought to my attention yesterday.

1. You can make a call from the cordless. It appears to the recipient caller ID as NoUser.
2. You cannot call the cordless extension. Well, you can, but it doesn't ring or show that anything is happening. The caller can hear it proceed as it should but the phone never alerts.
3. I deleted the user, recreated it, assigned it to the cordless extension. Issue persists.
4. I rebooted the IPOffice. Issue persists.
5. I made sure the cordless wasnt on DND, Forward.
6. I tried logging in to the cordless with *35*N# and get a long flat tone after. No confirmation beep.

I'm at my wits end here; anyone have an idea of what could be causing this one-way communication loss?

Did you try using any other analog telephone to see if it has the same issues?

Yes, I apologize for not including that. We did indeed use a second handset and it had the same issues. I'm thinking that the "NoUser" bit is indicative of a programming error, I just can't see where.

You need to make sure the analogue extn port it's connected to is actually the same as the user, give the user a login code, go off hook so you actually get dial tone then dial the login code...if that doesn't work you have done something somewhere you haven't told us about :)

The port that the line is plugged into hasn't changed; i verified the extension as 7056 and that the user was assigned to 7056. I just now tried changing both to 7057 to see if that would ring, and it does not. No other changes in the past few weeks beyond a scheduled power outage (backed up the IPO and took it offline for appx 10 hours).

I agree with amriddle.. give the user a login code the same as the ext. and try your *35*N#

It's only dialtone!!!

Thanks amriddle & vztech - changed the login code to the extension, used *35*XXXX*YYYY# where X=Extn and Y=Logon, worked like a charm. Starred both your posts. Thanks!

Also enable force login on the telephony tab, so that if another user accidently regisers using the analog phone number, it will reregister as soon as the other users logs off.

Then put a users shortcode *36, barred. so that the analog phone cannot logoff accidently using code *36

Okkie26
that is NOT what force login does.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back