Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NotInList question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullaway

Technical User
Sep 27, 2000
US
I have code for a combo box that handles NotInList event, which works fine. I would just like to add one more thing to it but can't seem to figure out how to get it done. I would like to have the focus stay on the combo box. My code fires after the user has typed in something that is not on the list and then attempts to exist out of the combo box. The code asks if they would like to add to list if they choose yes then it updates the list and when it's through tabs to the next field. I would like to stop it from going to the next field. Could someone please lend a hand a tell me how to accomplish this, please?

TIA,
Shane

I would say to "setfocus" on the control in the "on close" event for the form that opens to add the "not in list" event request. Let me know if this helps. Dawn

Hey Dawn,

Thanks for responding. I tried what you suggested already and it does work. I think, once the tab button has been pressed then the exiting of the field has already started and it will have to be cancelled some how. I not sure on this just trying to use common sense (which I don't have a lot of).

Thanks again for you effort,
Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back