Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notifications via Sharepoint designer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvi210

Technical User
Mar 6, 2012
US
I am trying to figure out how i can set up a workflow in Sharepoint Designer to send a notification to a certain email when a submitted list item has a certain field selected.

For example, if someone submits an item or an issue and selects "high priority" in that drop down, I want a notification email to go out to a specific person(s). Any ideas?? cant figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Workflow Condition: If current item field equals
Workflow Action: Send an email

SharePoint-Workflow-Send-Email.png

In my example, I used Title to trigger the action.
If Title = high priority
send email

If you only want to fire the workflow when a specific field changes, you will want to look at this.

So i have a form where on of the fields is "Priority" with a drop down of low, medium, or high. When I try the command you suggested, I dont see "Priority" as an option. I noticed you selected "title" but if the option of high priority is part of the priority field, shouldnt it be "If Current Item: Priority equals high" ???

OK it worked now! thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back