Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nothing seems to work in my win 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldi

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2002
CA
I am very frustrated and need real help,

I have a win2k server running ts. It had been working fine and even though it still works fine for the tsc, nothing seems to work from the console:

control panel takes for ever and don't open
my network places properties don't open either
connections page in internet options don't work either

any idea, please let me kown how to fix it,

thanks a lot

Are there any entries in your Event Logs?

Start, Run, eventvwr.msc <enter>

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Mark thank you for replying,

There was nothing on the event logs.

I run the antivirus and even though it didn't find anything the problem when away. Now i can open control panel.

Thanks a lot

Could be a profile issues. Create a test domain admin account and log on the server using those credentials. Once logged on are you experiencing the same issues? If not, rename your old profile and re-logon with your credentials, this will create a new profile. Still having same issue? I have seen this problem on workstations, rarely on servers - not saying that it couldn't happen...

Good luck.

Hi whokilled...things seem to be fine now. There's only one thing wrong.

When I go to terminal services licensing I get the error
"No licensing server is available"

This server is app mode and i have one user that is having problem to connect to the remote desktop...I suspect the problem to be a license issue...she may have a temp license and must be expired now, but i cannot verify that because the licensing server is not available.

I had this problem before and it got fixed when i restarted the licensing service but now it doesn't want to restart. I tried rebooting and the service comes ok, but still unable to connect to the licensing server (which is the same server)

I'll appreciate if you can help on this,

thanks,

aldi

You should start a new thread for the new problem to get fresh eyes on it.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Are you by any chance running APC Powerchute software? The expiration of the Sun Java Runtime Environment certificate in versions 6.x of the PowerChute Business Edition has been causing lots of seemingly unrelated trouble. I can give you further info if it applies.

Good luck,

Rich

This is your answer:

Digital certificate ran out for 6.x version of APC software on 27th July 2005. If you reboot a server running that s/w, you are in trouble!

APPLIES TO
• Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
• Microsoft Windows 2000 Standard Edition
• Microsoft Windows 2000 Enterprise Edition

Yes, I'm running APC PowerChute and I restarted the server.

Last night I uninstalled PowerChute but nothing changed.

I'm going to check the link that itmt posted.

I'll keep you posted,

aldi

Let me know how you get on. Ensure that all related APC svcs have gone - if not, ensure they are disabled/manual (Safe Mode).
Upgrade to 7.x APC and you will be able to restart them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back