Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nothing happens when start remote desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

s58smith

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2003
US
I have installed the ICA32 client on my Windows 2000 workstation. I'm trying to connect the Citrix XPs server via IPX. I go to Citrix Program Neighborhood, double click to launch the Application. (Application is a full desktop on Citrix server.) I see the message box that shows 'connecting'. THEN NOTHING HAPPENS.

I have looked in the "ICA Connection Center". It shows a Active connection to the Citrix server. However, when I look at the properties I see:
Connected to server: (unknown)
as user: (unknown)
Encryption Level: (unknown)

There is NO traffic Bytes coming In or Out. Just a few frames from initial connection. It is not counting any higher.

I have tried to uninstall the ICA client software and reinstall everything. Uninstalled one time and made sure 'citrix' directory was deleted under 'program files'.

Finally, another user next to me, also with Windows 2000 workstation, installed the Citrix client and everything worked great. They had no problems connecting to server and getting a desktop.

Did the other user also use IPX to connect?

Are you using Microsoft IPX client, or do you have the Novell client installed on the server?

In the Connection Configuration utility, do you have an ica-ipx connection set up? What are the permissions on it?

SeanFlynn

Both workstations are using the Microsoft IPX/SPX protocol. Niether has Novell client installed. I set both workstations to have the same IPX network number of "1". So the only difference would be MAC address. They should be close to same (except for some application software loaded on each).

On the servers (I have setup 3) are all configured with Microsoft IPX/SPX protocol (identical to workstations). I can go to any server and use the ICA client on it to attach to another server (using IPX). I use my login when trying this.

In Citrix I setup for accepting ica-ipx and ica-spx connections. I have disabled the TCP/IP. Each sever has permissions set for Full control to Administrators, on the connections. (I'm a member of Administrators).

Since we are still in testing I have only two accounts setup on the servers. Both are Administrators. I have used both my account and the other to login successfully on the win2K workstation next to me.

On my PC I do NOT even get the login prompt. I have setup the ICA clients to prompt for login. The reason is the servers are in a different domain than the workstations. All I get on my PC is a small window saying connecting, then it disappears and NOTHING happens. The rest is stated above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back