Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notes to Debtor Addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonbarr

MIS
Jun 20, 2003
NZ
Using GP vers 8.0 and Crystal Reports.
I am trying to display the Notes entered in the "Debtor Address Maintenance" window in a Crystal Report.

I have used RM00101 and SY03900 linked on NOTEINDX to show notes for each Debtor, with no problem.

However Debtor Address details are all stored in RM00102, and there is no NOTEINDX field in this table to link SY03900 to.

I have tried linking RM00101 and RM00102 by CUSTNMBR and ADRSCODE, then linking SY03900 to RM00101 on NOTEINDX, but cannot retrieve any notes that have been entered in the "Debtor Address Manintenance" window.

Are the Notes for Debtor Address Maintenance stored in a different table ?

Can somebody please help ?

I am unable to find the capability of making a note on the customer address maintenance screen. Are you sure you're not filling in the windows note for that screen?

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

Hi Jaz
Nice to hear from you again, and thanks for your reply.

In the "Debtor Maintenance" window, on the DebtorID line, there is a magnifying glass, then a note icon. Notes entered here are stored on SY03900 and can be retrieved when this table is linked to RM00101. No problem.

In the "Debtor Address Maintenance" window, on the AddressID line, there is again a magnifying glass and a note icon. The window that opens looks identical to the note window for Debtor. If a note is attached, the icon turns bright yellow also. As far as I can see, all of the data for the fields in the "Debtor Address Maintenance" window are stored in RM00102. However, there is no NOTEINDX field in that table to link SY03900 to, to be able to view the notes stored for the AddressID.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the windows note for that screen", but I can assure you that it is possible to store a different note for each individual AddressID.

Hope this helps explain what I'm after.

You may be running a slightly different version of GP than most of us are working with. On my GP 8.0 SP 3 US version there is no note associated with an address ID for a CUSTOMER or a VENDOR. My version does not use the terminology DEBTOR anywhere. The fact that your debtor address ID has a note may be resulting from a customization or a difference in a localized version....

One thing you could try to figure out where this note is being stored is to run a SQL trace...

Thank You Vick400.
Yes, it turned out you were right.
We needed to record delivery instructions specific for each AddressID, so the notes field was added at our request many years ago, and that fact had been forgotten.

The connecting link was in a table called ORM00102.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back