Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notes to Blackberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDERS45

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2007
US
We are trying to get our Notes Callpilot voice mails to show up on our blackberries. Currently our email shows up fine on the blackberry using BES, but it will not pick up the Callpilot voicemails. It should show them on the blackberry as a WAV but there has been no luck. Can anyone help?

I don't think BB supports wav files. My call pilot desktop messaging shows up on my BB, butI cannot play the file. I just get the details.

It does support WAV files. We got it working. Goes from Callpilot to Notes to Blackberry. Very sweet integration.

So what did you do to get it going? I can just see my call pilot folder on the BB. It tells me who called and the time, but I cannot play the message over the BB.

You need to use Call Pilot manager to set up "Enable Message Forwarding" option for your user classes. That will put a message in their "inbox" and that will propogate to their blackberry. You need to have the BES (Blackberry enterprise Server) set up to replicate your email from notes to the blackberry. Hope this helps.

We're this far. We just can't "listen" to desktop call pilot messages on the BB device.

Does it come across on the BES as an attachment? When you open the email in blackberry...???

You also need to set the "enable messge forwarding" on the notes client call pilot configuration. In the callpilot manager for each user, you choose to forward in WAV files. Make sure you have the latest OS for the blackberry. We are using the 8700 version.

Make sure your Blackberries are upgraded to the newest release. I was not able to listen to the attachments until updating.

Yes but where does the VBK to WAV file conversion take place?

When you set up the forwarding in mycallpilot, you specify that you want it to convert to wave file.

What version of Callpilot do you need before you can make the voice message folder show on the BB?

What has the forwarding of fat .wav files done to the monthly spend on your mobile plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back