Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

notes newbie - how to send an email from address book view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Programmer
Jul 13, 2000
DK
Greetings

ive just started working for a company that uses Lotus Notes and im finding it very differcult to use - but so do a lot of others here.

can someone tell me how I send an email to a contact from the domino address book view? IE, i have a list of peoples name in the company but I cannot find anyone to send an email when I select a name in the list?

In 6&7 client (not sure about 5). You can select (tick) the contacts you want and then click on the 'write memo' button at the top.

ok, thanks for the reply, but there is no 'write memo' button.

I'm using 6.5.

there are buttons for 'add person', 'edit person' and 'copy to personal address book'. there is no send mail option in the context menu either.

Goat,
Sorry, re-read your question. I was trying it from a client looking at the clients address book (Not directly from the Domino Directory). I havent found a way to do what you ask, although I am unsure why you want to?.

i just want to be able to select a name in the email address book, the domino corporate address book, and then send the person an email.

this would be quite a common task to perform from the address book in most email clients but I havent found anyone who knows how this can be done in Notes.

When composing your message you should be on the "New Memo" tab,at the top of that tab there should be a selection button for "Address", click that button and you should be presented with a "Select Addresses" dialogue window where you can choose an address book to search for the receipents that you will be sending the message to. The "Choose Address Book" drop-down should be populated with at least your Corporate Domino Directory and you personal address book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back