Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notes cannot reply over dail up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffar

Technical User
May 15, 2002
US
We are running lotus notes 4.6.7 clients
on one of our units running win2000 we have a problem with replying to mail, every other function works 'sending, receiving' we can also reply when the user is plugged into the network in the office but when he is on the road and dials in ,,,No go, we receive this error message

Network Operation did not complete in a resonable amount of time;please retry:"server name"mail.box

I have re installed and compaired all setting with a working laptop

please help

It sounds like they are doing a "reply with history" which works differently than Forward. This delay would be normal if the original message had attachments that increased its size.
Is there a local replica of the users mail database? If so, the user would then be able to create his replies while working with the local replica, then go back into connected location and replicate. This would be the prefered way for dial in user to work, and you would not receive the error.

Check the location document and ensure the ID and correct maile server is identified.

I am not sending a large mail it is only a one word test mail that I am trying to reply to but even with replication it times out on me

DRUMDIP what do you mean by "location document" ? the user ID and server name are correct I can send and receive to them in no time at all. I can even reply when I am in the office pluged into the network, just not when on Dial up ??

Any other ideas ?

I have discovered that this problem can be caused in the Dial up settings, under PPP, I believe.

Uncheck "IP Header Compression".

Jess :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back