Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notes Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

annedav

Instructor
Jul 12, 2002
CA
HI,

Is it possible to configure Notes to search in the Company's Notes address directory before searching my address book.

Txs!

Hi,

Actually not. You can set it to "local only" or "Local then server" or "disabled".
This is for the recipient type-ahead function.

Furthermore you can let the search stop after the first match or choose to search all address books.

This last option can help you a a bit because it should show you a list if duplicates are found in the LAB and the PAB, however my experience is that this sometimes fails.

The only thing I can advice you is to instruct people to never include people from your Public address book in their personal address book, and to create a Mobile address book for mobile users.

I think it is time that Lotus allows this to be changed altough I can understand why they made it like this!

Kind regards,

Dominik Malfait
dominik@amazingit.com

Txs for the quick response Dominik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back