Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

note for product in sales transaction entry window 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzajosh

Programmer
Sep 18, 2002
US
I wanted to know which table great plains stores the note text for a particular line item in sales transaction entry window (I am talking of the notes button next to item number on this window). I am preparing crystal report where i need to put this field in. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Hi,

If I understand your question, you are looking for the note text from an item record. I can help with eEnterprise SQL server tables only, I am not familiar with Great Plains in other databases. I am also assuming that you are using Sales Order Processing (SOP).

In order to do this you will need to join the IV00101 to your Sales line table (SOP10200 for open and SOP30300 for history). Once you have done this link the SY03900 from your company database. You are looking for the NOTEINDX field in both the IV00101 and SY03900 tables for the link.

SOP30300 -> IV00101 on ITEMNMBR then IV00101->SY03900 on NOTEINDX

This should get the desired result.

Scott S

The two links suggested do not seem to work. The NOTEINDX field in SY03900 is not the same as the NOTEINDX in IV00101, the table SY04200 has no records in it.

Any other solutions?

I use the sop10106 cmmttext field. I link the sop30200, sop30300 and sop10106 on sopnumbe and the sop30200 and 30300 are also linked by extdcost

SKarasik, what note are you looking for? Transaction or item?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back