Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

not working in ms-dos 6.22?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauloscouser

Programmer
Jan 28, 2004
GB
i've written a program that i'm quite proud of but would like to be able to run it on a friends machine with ms-dos 6.22, but don't know how to convert/alter the code to do this? any hints?

It depends on what your code uses, does it include any of the windows libraries, or use certain advanced types ?

Without knowing more about how the code is written it's hard to say, but I'd guess that you might be easier creating a new application, and writing it on your firends machine to be sure it works...

It should run if you build it with a compiler that supports the target OS.

/JOlesen

Then it is a windows program or probably more correctly described as a windows console program. To build for true DOS you need a compiler like DJGPP and you will need to use the regs union and call interrupts as that was the DOS API.

hmmmm is it not possible at all to write applications for ms-dos using visual c++ 6.0, or will they all be windows based?

No. DOS support was dropped in MSVC4 or 5. MSVC is a windows compiler. It is really only suitable for windows targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back