Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

not to impressed with the examples MS gives

Status
Not open for further replies.

jymm

Programmer
Apr 11, 2002
US
For now - GP 9 / SQL 2005 / VS 2005 / Server 2003

I am not too impressed with the sample SSRS project & rdl files that MS is providing. I have done a fair number of SSRS reports for our Sales, Purchasing & Manufacturing folks (some using GP data) but would REALLY love to have a leg up with some financial reports in SSRS.

Anyone venture into a realm of replacing FRx (or even report writer - ick pooey) reports with SSRS? If so - did you do it yourself or are there some samples some place that I am not seeing?

My GP partner thought that MS would include some additional SSRS reports with GP 10 - but I did not see them - granted I am not ready to implement that yet, but it is coming.

The analsys cubes that I downloaded were ok, but I was not impressed enough to deploy to the users.

just curious where others are going with things

thanks in advance - j

V10 has lots more SRS reports included that v9. I can't remember exact figures, but v10 has lots of new SRS reports and Excel reports.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

THanks David - I appreciate the knowledge. Unfortunatly our WMS system uses eGP to communicate things back and forth - and it has not been a high priority for them to move to V10 - which is sad since I am also craving some of the additional functionality that we have heard about in Business Portal.

If you install GP 10.0 in a test environment you can retrofit the GP 10.0 reports back to GP 9.0, but it will take a bit of work as the GP 10.0 SQL reports use several views that don't exist in GP 9.0 (so you will have to script them out), in additional there are a bunch of user defined functions that translate things such as SOP Type numbers to SOP Type descriptions that you would also have to script out.

There is a visual studio project that MBS provides that has all the reporting models and RDL files from V10.

thanks xantarios

you have a link to the project & rdls?

unfortunatly my company was hit by a fair amount of flooding and where we need the ability of GP 10 - we will not have the time to implement - but I could probably do the rest without the help of the rest of the folks and give them some much needed reporting capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back