Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not the same Terminal Server Printing Issue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

moolie

Programmer
May 7, 2002
CA
I think my problem resides in Group Policy.

Users log into terminal services. Printers set up fine. User opens a XML document in Internet Explorer. If they try to print they get a script error and nothing prints. I tried this on the terminal server machine as user and administrator and the document failed to print. Anything I try to print from internet explorer HTML, DOC, EXCEL, XML pages all fail. Any suggestions?

What's the script error, and why do you think that the problem is Group Policy related?

And what CAN you successfully print from?

I can print from all other places ie. word etc. just not a document opened in internet explorer.

I have 4 servers. 2 are used for terminal services. These two are the only servers with logins governed by group policy. I can open and print documents from IE on the other servers.

I log into the terminal servers and cannot print even as administrator.

When I try to print a document from internet explorer i get the following Error message:

Internet Explorer Script Error
Line: 228
Char: 1
Error: 'dialogArguments.__IE_PrintType' is null or not an object'

Code: 0
URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? (Yes/NO)

Press yes and nothing happens.

The symptoms are bang on. I'll give it a go and post the results.

VICTORY!

This article did the trick - I was missing interactive access permissions. NOte this article deals with 2000 server not 2003, so you can stop after step 4 of the resolution instruction.

Star for you!

Glad to be of service.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Moolie or Mark, I am having the same problem. After I run dcomcnfg I don't see a "Default Security" tab. Where should I be looking for it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2003 server. specifically, my problem deals with not being able to print html messages in outlook. thanks in advance.

I was able to correct the problem in Windows Server 2003 by doing the following:

1. Start, Run, dcomcnfg.exe
2. Click on Component Services
3. Cick on Computers
4. Click on My Computer
5. Click on Dcom Config
6. Scroll down until you see Outlook Message Attachment
7. Right Click on it and select Properties
8. Click on the Securities tab
9. Make sure the radio button for "Customize" is selected and click Edit
10. If INTERACTIVE is not listed in the Groups/User names you must add them.
11. Apply the change you made.
12. Re-boot your server. If you don't re-boot the changes won't take effect until the next time you re-boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back