Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not technically a tech issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirchyBoy

MIS
Aug 25, 2001
GB
But I´m looking for a Windows 2000 pro license code for a spanish version of Windows. Not an illegal version (have plenty of English licenses but the code doesn´t work) can anyone help?

Can't you install the english version and add the Spanish language afterwords?

how would you do that? you can´t just change the regional settings in W2k as this doesn´t change the actual language. and if you install the spanish version over the english version as it still requires a code..

or am I missing something?

This was taken from a Microsoft help file....

To install additional languages

Open Regional Options in Control Panel.
On the General tab, under Language settings for the system, select the check box next to the language group you want to install.
Notes

You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.
To open a Control Panel item, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click the appropriate icon.
To complete the installation of language groups, you must insert the Windows 2000 CD-ROM or have access to the system files from the network. Once the languages are installed, Windows 2000 prompts you to restart the computer.
With multiple languages installed on your computer, you can compose documents that contain more than one language. Any recipients of multilingual documents must also have the same languages installed on their computers to read or edit the documents.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I was lucky enough to locate a German code that worked with the spanish version! Thanks for you rhelp anyway!

Cheers

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I was lucky enough to locate a German code that worked with the spanish version! Thanks for your help anyway!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back