Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not sure if this is the correct forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXHowTo

Instructor
Sep 14, 2011
US
Well, do you have a VAL (TN2501) board? If so you can use it to provide MOH as an integ-mus option.

This is a pretty detailed setup so take a look at the Avaya Aura Call Center ref guide. 07-602568 (5.2) or equiv. for your release of CM. support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100082003 (6.0)

Otherwise, you will need an analog port to assign MOH and you will need the hardware to support. Don't forget about the requirements to play MOH in a corp environment. (Royalty licensed music)

you can do what PBXHowTo said and record messages on a VAL board and then have that set as your M.O.H. VAL Boards if i remember correctly store as .wav files. The part i am confused about is you saying a .wav file from Voice-mail. Is this a voice-mail recording you want to play as M.O.H or is it a message left by somebody you want to use as M.O.H. We can give you a little better answer if you could expand on what your trying to do.

Scott

This is all coming to me second hand, but I believe they just want to know which options are available to them in regard to M.O.H.; whether a .wav file can be stored somewhere on the system and used, or whether they would require an external M.O.H. device. I'm probably not explaining this too well as I literally have never even seen the system.

Ok, well you can upload .wav files on to a Val board, using avaya Communication manager on a laptop or computer. Its been over a year since i have done it,so you will need to have them check documentation to find the proper proceedure.

Scott

Hi
Please be aware how many calls you put on hold or Q. as these calls will be hitting your VAL board as soon ashold music needs to be offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back