Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not seeing Exchange tasks in AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetAdmin2

MIS
Oct 31, 2003
US
I have installed Exchange 2000 on a new server in preperation for migration from 5.5, however, when I look at a user in AD, I do not see the option, Exchange tasks to move, delete, etc. Is this a synchronization problem or is this another issue? Any help is greatly appreaciated. Also, how are distribution lists effected when users are moved from 5.5 to 2000 server? I have tested one user and when he send a message to a certain distribution lists, only the people on the new server recieve the message. He get a undeliverable for the others on the old 5.5 server. Any thoughts? Thanks again for all replies.

John

You will need to install the Exchange System Manager on the machine that you are using to view AD to see the Exchange Tasks.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

In AD chose a user right click and go to exchange tasks click on it and it list your options

In the properties of a user you should have Exchange general tab and a Exchange Features

If you do not have any of this then your attributes where not added to AD

bob

Question is exchange server installed on your DC?

Yes. Exchange installed on DC. I have moved a couple of users and they are working fine except for the fact that when they send to a distribution list on my 5.5 server, only the users on the new exchange box receive the message and a undeliverable is returned for all users still on 5.5 server. Hope this makes sense and not too confusing. My question is two fold so sorry about that.

Other issue was with ESM. Thanks for all the replies. Not being a Exchange gura, this really helps and hey, what better way to learn then being thrown right into the fire right?

When you installed did you set the pre-windows 2000 option?

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back