Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not restoring to original location - linux agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

mspope

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
US
ARCserve 2000 sp4 - Windows 2000 Pro sp2.
Client is Redhat 7.0 with universal client agent for linux installed.

I know little about linux.

Installed the Uagent an did a test backup of /var then
blew away contents of /var/scripts/dataout to try a restore.

I took the default "restore files to original location." option but the files restored to /var ..... hu? - I expected them to go to /var/scripts/dataout.

can anyone shed light on this for me?

I've run into this. The answer is...

that's the way it works. I don't know why. You can select the actual target directory (/var/scripts/dataout) or just restore to original location (it will put everything into the directory you selected for backup - /var) & move them. It's an extra step either way.

If your restoring files & directories (say dataout has a subdir), you will need to change the Option->Destination to "Create Dirs from base". Otherwise, it won't recreate your subdirs for you & everything will end up in the same dir. "create entire path from root" hasn't ever worked for me.

why this works differently than the win agent restore, you'll have to brush up on your hindi, whip out your credit card & call CA. I have know idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back