Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not Responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ts2032

Technical User
Mar 26, 2002
US
Hello,

I have an messenger type application which sends files from one pc to another via the winsock control. I am using Windows Installer to install the application on the client machines. When receiving files, sometimes the application stops responding. This does not happen on the devolopment machine and only occurs sometimes on machines that do not have visual basic installed. I believe it is a registration issue but am unsure which component is incorrectly registered. The only controls on the forms are winsock,rtb, and pictureboxes.

any assitance is greatly appreciated

tsmith

If you're not doing so already, I would suggest that use one of the installers (Package & Deployment Wizard, InstallShield, etc) to install the application on the client machines. Most of the time, these packages will handle the dependancies and registration issues for you. That's why such tools exist. Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Thanks for your input. I tried installing using package and Deployment, and Windows Installer.

I did notice, however, after sending several (8 or 9) files, that the development machine locked up also. The other machines lock up after sending only one or two files. I am using BinaryTransferControl.ocx to send and receive the files.

don't know, but I guess I will keep trying...

Thanks,

tsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back